Terms & Conditions
When booking and staying at Glenelg Caravan, we fully expect you to enjoy your holiday/break but we would request that you resepect your surroundings and the caravan itself. Whilst we offer a cleaning service following your stay along with linen and towels, we expect the caravan and your 'home from home' to be kept clean. This includes removing any walking boots prior to walking through the carpeted areas of the caravan.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENT
1. A provisional booking will be accepted by the caravan owners, subject to receiving a £50 deposit within 5 working days, this deposit could be cheque, cash or via bank transfer. Upon receiving deposit, you’ll receive confirmation for the dates that you have now booked. Please note that ALL bookings are provisional until the caravan owners receive the deposit.DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION.
2. If the deposit is not received within 5 working days it is assumed by the caravan owners that the provisional booking is no longer required.
3. THE BALANCE OF THE HIRE CHARGE IS DUE FOUR WEEKS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL, if the balance is NOT received within this time frame, then the caravan owners reserve the right to hire the caravan to someone else. Bookings taken with less than FOUR weeks remaining can only be accepted if payment is made in full and received within 5 working days unless otherwise agreed.
4. ALL BREAKAGES, DAMAGE AND STAINS WITHIN THE CARAVAN MUST BE PAID FOR.
THE HIRER MUST INFORM THE CARAVAN OWNERS WITHIN 12HRS OF ARRIVAL OF ALL DEFECTS, INVENTORY SHORTAGES AND/ OR BREAKAGES. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU, THE HIRER BEING RESPONSIBLE.
5. In the event of a cancellation, The hirer must confirm this in writing or by telephoning the owners (Deposits are not refundable in the event of a cancellation).
6. No refund will be made to the hirer whose hiring has commenced and who vacates the caravan for any reason including an emergency at home.
7. Once the balance has been paid refunds will only be considered in certain circumstances at the owner’s discretion and subject to the time remaining to the holiday and a replacement booking being obtained.
GENERAL BOOKING CONDITIONS
8. Bookings will only be accepted from hirers who are twenty-one (21) years of age and above.
9. The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all persons listed on the booking form.
UPON COMMENCEMENT OF HIRE
10. The holiday caravan may be occupied from 3pm onwards on the first day of hiring.
11. In the case of a maintenance problem, the hirer shall contact the owners. D.I.Y repairs must NOT be attempted. If the hirer does any D.I.Y repairs, then rule 4 will apply.
12. Pets are allowed, but please bear in mind that the caravan is situated near a working croft with livestock. Please be sensible.
13. Smoking is NOT permitted in the caravan but ashtrays are provided for outside use only.
14.The caravan is to be kept in a clean and tidy condition.
15. The owners do not accept liability for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property and/ or accidents, injuries, illness, diseases, arising from the hire of the caravan or use of the holiday park, including acts of god or extreme weather conditions.
16. The holiday caravan MUST be vacated by 10am on the last day of hiring. Ready for cleaner.
Once we have received your £50 deposit you the hirer has agreed to the full terms and conditions, as above, as applicable at the time of your booking and holiday.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.